COVID – 19 and Equinox Physiotherapy Services
Keeping you safe during COVID 19
Equinox Physiotherapy is open and following new processes to keep our clients, patients and employees safe during COVID- 19.
Our services are compliant with our Professional Body (CSP) Guidelines and Government Guidelines. We offer face to face clinic and domiciliary appointments in addition to online appointment and therapy sessions.
What to expect during your visit
We have been investing and working hard to ensure your safety during the Covid 19 Pandemic. As part of that process we have introduced some new measures for how patients are seen either at clinic or in your own home.
Online appointments and therapy sessions can be organised on request either via our clinic phone number or email enquiry.
Before your appointment you will be asked to confirm: you have not experienced any symptoms, or been in contact with anyone confirmed with Covid-19, in the last 14 days.
You must not have returned from overseas in the last fortnight from a country that would require a quarantine period as per government guidelines.
- Arrive for your appointment just before the allotted time and park up.
- Use the voice intercom on the new clinic entrance to announce your arrival where you will be asked some additional screening questions for COVID 19.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when you enter.
- The clinic is located to the right inside the main building door.
- Your temperature will be checked before entering clinic.
- If you have a face mask or covering please wear this. If you do not have a face mask you will be provided with one.
- Please respect social distancing were possible.
- Please do not wear gloves as you will be asked to remove these. We have hand sanitiser for you to use.
- During your session you will be required to wear a face covering.
- Social distancing will be maintained where possible e.g. when talking
- You should be aware that the nature of physiotherapy assessment and treatment will require close contact and hands on engagement at times. Where possible we will keep such time limited to under 15 minutes.
- Your therapist will wear the following PPE during your consultation – Apron, Face mask, Gloves for hands on assessment
- Please avoid bringing unnecessary belongings to appointments such as bags.
- Try to come to appointments unaccompanied. If you require a chaperone please note that they will be required to give contact details in case information needs to be available to Test and Trace services.
- Toilet facilities are available for emergencies. We would encourage you to use your own at home before or after your session.
- Payment can be made by contactless card transaction.
- Whilst we would normally love for you to stay and chat following your appointment right now we must try to reduce the time spent in clinic and also avoid crossing over with other patients, therefore we ask that you exit promptly.
- Please use hand sanitiser as you exit
- Use the Green push button to the right of the main door to release the door magnet to exit
- Retain your face mask or covering for next time
Measures we have put in place
- Separate appointments (one in one out) to enable social distancing
- Additional hand sanitiser pumps for clients and staff
- Enhanced cleaning policy including contract sanitisation service
- The use of PPE for all clinical staff including additional training
- Monitoring of staff for symptoms of Covid 19
- Screening of all clients and visitors for risk of or symptoms of Covid 19 including temperature checks.
- Removed all soft furnishings in clinic rooms and replaced with single use paper towel, pillowcases and covers
- Additional time window between each client for clinic room cleaning, airing and sanitisation process
- Removed all reading material from the waiting area
- Rearranged the clinic and installed Perspex screening
- Complete the clinic registration, triage and Face to Face Consent form
- Make sure you have a face mask or covering suitable to wear for the session
- Ensure you understand the new entry process and have the clinic phone number stored in your phone
- Ensure you do not have any symptoms of Covid 19 or should not be shielding or isolating
- Consider paying online by phone or contact-less payment method
Safe practice similar to attending clinic are employed when clients are seen in there own home to ensure safety for the client and the therapist. Appropriate procedures including safe distancing the use of PPE and symptom checks are all carried out for each visit.
Thank you for your co-operation.
For further information please contact the clinic on 01269 833853.